Friday, August 3, 2018

Arriving in Quebec City

I spent several hours last night, trying to pick a campground near Quebec City.  I finally found the mention of a ferry across the St Lawrence, so picked one that's south of the city proper, and we'll take the ferry into the old part of town.  We only had about 120 miles to go, so we got there early and a spot was open for us.  Again, we're trying to communicate with people who speak only limited English, and it's a challenge.  I can understand a little French, but I would have a hard time saying anything!

I spent a couple of hours on the phone with three Verizon reps, trying to find out why I'm using so much data, when I'm using it the same way I did during the first 10 days of this trip!  Most campgrounds have wifi that doesn't do much, if anything, so I'm dependent on my phone for a hotspot.  They changed my plan again, and we'll see how I do now.

We drove to the CAA (Canada's AAA) to get some maps of the area and then to the ferry terminal to find out where to park tomorrow and where to get on it.  We took a walk along the dock where lots of people were walking or riding bikes.  We came back by way of the road along the river which goes in front of older homes that have a rock cliff straight up in their back yard.  Both sides of the river here have very steep cliffs.

Red squirrel beside our camper.
Not quite in focus, but I had to be fast!

Black squirrel behind the camper!

Two bridges across the St Lawrence at Quebec City

Those lanes are NARROW!

Looking across at Quebec City

Stairs to the top of the cliff at Levis

Looking across the river on a cloudy day


Building on top of the cliff at Levis

This is what all the backyards of the houses look like.


They sell milk in bags!  I have no idea how you pour it out without making a mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment