Monday, June 29, 2015

Travel day....to Custer City, South Dakota

We got right onto I-90 and headed east out of Billings, and took route 16 heading southeast.  We passed through a little of Wyoming and then into South Dakota.  There was lots of pasture land that was both grass and sagebrush.....lots of cattle!  We passed several trains with probably a hundred cars and four locomotives.

We got to Custer City around 3PM and checked in at a pretty campground.  It's terraced, and we're at the bottom, so I have to go sit near the office for either WiFi or good enough phone to connect.

We stopped by the visitor center in Custer and got a lot of good information about what to do in the area.  We'll be here for a week because of the holiday weekend, and we think we can find enough to do to keep us busy!



I think this was still in Montana.






That road goes on forever!



Our campsite





No comments:

Post a Comment