Monday, June 22, 2015

Through Yellowstone to Cody

Today was a travel and catch-up day.  We left Alpine early (6:45AM), and traveled north through the Teton Park again and on through Yellowstone.  All of today's pictures were taken from the motorhome, so I had to act fast to get them.  Some of the better ones were taken looking back, and I couldn't really tell what I was taking, but the sunlight was better from that angle.

We had forgotten how steep the road is heading out of Yellowstone at the east entrance!  I was looking straight down the drop-off from my high seat in the motorhome, and it rivaled anything I saw on the Pacific coast!

We are camping between Cody, WY and Yellowstone in the same campground with our friends from Florida.  We'll spend the next three days in Yellowstone.

There were lots of people here taking this picture,
and I barely got it while we drove by.
Can't stop just anywhere in a motorhome!


Thermal at the edge of Yellowstone Lake


That's a thermal on the other side.










There are lots of dead trees from fires.



There's a HUGE drop down to the right!



Outside Yellowstone on the way to Cody








Buffalo Bill Reservoir




No comments:

Post a Comment