I then retrieved my phone and we took the shuttle to the west end of the canyon road. They don't allow private cars up there, but there are a lot of bicycles that the busses have to wait for! There are nine stops and you can get off and get back on the next bus. There's a walking path all the way that's about 12 miles long. We walked on the path between two of the close overlooks.
I took lots of pictures at each stop we made, and we enjoyed talking to some of the other tourists. Many are from other countries, and I heard a lot of heavy accents and foreign languages. We talked to people from the Netherlands, Italy, and Australia.
We came back to the campground to eat lunch, and then took the car along the canyon road to the east, past the overlooks we had passed in the motorhome. We didn't go all the way back to the tower since we had already seen that. I think these views were more spectacular than the ones at the Village and the west end.
Now, I am sorting pictures and will drive somewhere to see if I can upload them.
Well, that didn't work! The brochure said there was wifi at the Market and the Camper Service Center, but there wasn't. I'm posting this from the road on Saturday morning. The park is beautiful, but, it's pretty much a communication desert.
![]() |
| Sunset over the canyon from the night before |
![]() |
| Looking down on the trail |
![]() |
| View of the gallery |
![]() |
| You can see the Colorado River |
![]() |
| Rapids on the river |












































No comments:
Post a Comment