We left our campground in Raton and drove straight down I-25 to Santa Fe. Most of the highway was very good! We stopped at a rest stop and talked to a family who have a beautiful brown and white Boston terrier!
Our campground in Santa Fe is a pretty classy place, but we're in their "overflow" area since that's all they had left when I called. It's still a nice place and has great bathrooms.
After lunch, we rode into town to check it out. Unfortunately, the visitor center isn't open on the weekend and neither is the AAA office, so we are having to make do with the brochures in the campground office to make our day-trip plans. The town is really pretty, but the center where all the action is on a Saturday afternoon, is full of people and cars with no place to park! We just rode around for a while and I took pictures from the car. We didn't need to shop, anyway!
Most of the houses and buildings that we have seen here are made of adobe with smooth edges, and are really pretty. I'll try and get some pictures tomorrow.
We needed a grocery run, so I found a Smith's, which is owned by Kroger and had a great time shopping. I really miss my Kroger store!
We are trying to figure out where to go next, and checked out the campground at the south rim of the Grand Canyon. They have a site available for later this week, so we grabbed it!
![]() |
| Views from I-25 heading south |
![]() |
| Group of resting pronghorns |
![]() |
| Central plaza in Santa Fe |
![]() |
| I just got a glimpse of horses while we were at a stoplight. |






















No comments:
Post a Comment