We left Estes Park early and drove back through the canyon and then through Loveland, where we picked up I-25. The interstate goes through the middle of Denver, which is kind of scary in a motorhome, but we made it! I spent a couple of hours trying to decide where we should stop for the night and which campground to check with in Santa Fe. My first choice was full, but we got a site in the second one. I always read all the reviews before I call a campground.
We saw lots of storm clouds on our trip south and got in a little rain, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been.
We are staying in a small campground in the small town of Raton, New Mexico. We rode into the town to look around, and the majority of the stores have closed their doors.
 |
I took these pictures looking back with the camera out the window. I never know if I got a good picture until I look at it! |
 |
Another picture taken backwards. (I keep the strap on my wrist!) |
 |
| We were facing the sun, so driving and picture-taking were hard! |
 |
| I think a plain cell-tower might have been better! |
 |
| This is why it's called Castle Rock, Colorado! |
 |
Storm clouds forming. You can see the rain. |
 |
| Just outside Trinidad, Colorado |
No comments:
Post a Comment