Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Back to the Pacific

We took our time leaving McMinnville since our next campground was only a couple of hours away, and we didn't want to arrive too early.  So we washed the car and I did laundry.

We are now at Netarts, which has a bay between us and Pacific. Lots of people catch dungeness crabs and clams here, but I doubt that we will try.  You can rent the equipment, but I don't like to see what I'm going to eat while it's alive!

After we got settled, we drove a few miles up and down the beach, but there were fog banks in both directions.  It's beautiful where we are, but in either direction we drove right into clouds.  It's pretty cold (low 60's) and sort of windy.  Some of the campsites look right out over the water, but we're a little further back.  We can see water from the front side windows.


Washing a nasty car.
Of course, it will just get dirty again, being towed behind the motorhome!

Supervisor

Log trucks are everywhere!
I've been trying to get a picture of one, but they're always whizzing by.
I took this one as we were meeting it on the highway, and the picture
is not too bad!

Town of Oceanside, OR
Houses stacked on the hill overlooking the ocean.
It doesn't look like our beach towns!

Cliff on the other side of the town.
See the fog?

Same cliff with its fog as seen from down toward our campground.

There's fog in the other direction, too!

This is the street in front of our campground.

There's another point peeking out over the clouds.

Birds congregated on a sand bar at low tide.

View from our front window.



1 comment:

  1. Great pics today --- do not know how you get that BIG camper into those tiny spaces in a campground!

    ReplyDelete