Sunday, June 16, 2013

Onto Cody, Wyoming

We got early views of the snow-capped Bighorn Mountains from a distance.  Then we drove through them!  I took about 100 pictures while we were driving!  I'm getting pretty good at snapping them while we're moving.  We have a nice big windshield and are up high.  

We crossed Powder River Pass at 9666 feet, then drove through Worland and Greybull on the way to Cody.  After we got down off the mountains, the landscape turned into miles and miles of nothingness!  It was just scrub grass and sagebrush.  I tried taking a picture of it, but the extent of it just doesn’t show up.

We're in the Ponderosa RV Park and paid for three nights. There's a lot to do here and we'll start in the morning.

Mountains in the distance


Lots of yellow flowers


And lots of purple/blue flowers

Our GPS gives the altitude!

Parked on Powder River Pass...
Walked over and picked up some snow!


Switchbacks on the way down!






This is the "nothingness"!

No comments:

Post a Comment