Friday, June 21, 2013

I'm out of control!

When I downloaded my camera card tonight, I had taken 244 pictures and 11 videos!  Yikes!  I've sorted through them and only threw away a few.  The sky was SO blue today that it makes lots of pictures just "pop"!

We spent the day riding around some of the Yellowstone loops and went into many of the stops.    There are thermals everywhere with all sorts of colors.  Some of them remind us of the little creek beside our house when it's full of algae!  It was pretty cold today (44 degrees when we got up), so the steam from the thermals felt nice and warm, although they don't smell very good.

We also saw some elk at Mammoth Springs and a group of mountain goats WAY up on a rocky hillside!

Above Mammoth Springs

Really strange formation!


Grand Canyon of Yellowstone

River at the bottom of the canyon


More buffalo!

Dragon's mouth
This one made strange noises!



Yellowstone Lake

Mountains on the other side of the lake

This is how the boys spent the day!

Little bird on the edge of the lake

Yellowstone Lake at West Thumb Geyser Basin

Look at those colors!








Inhabitant of one of the dead trees

I loved the blue ones!


Elk on the hill.  The baby was hopping around!

Group of mountain goats WAY up on the cliff!

This gives an idea of how high up they were....and I couldn't get the bottom of the mountain in the picture!
If you look closely, you can see the group near the top.




No comments:

Post a Comment