The drive on I-40 west of Asheville is really pretty with quite a few waterfalls beside the highway (no place to stop, of course!) The cliffs on the sides of the highway are pretty scary! I kept a lookout for falling rocks, as the signs suggested, but I'm not sure what we would do if I saw one coming!
 |
| Nice mountains ahead |
 |
| Roadside waterfall |
 |
| Do you really think that wire and those fences would hold back a rock slide?!! |
We made it to Sevierville, TN as planned and are staying in the Ripplin' Waters Campground. We went to one of Tommie's favorite places, The Smoky Mountain Knifeworks, and he bought another little pocket knife. For dinner we picked up some pulled pork barbecue at a local joint, and it was really good! We brought it back to eat in the motorhome, and since their cages are on the table, Spike and Pearl enjoyed getting bites of hush puppy.
 |
| Our campsite |
 |
| This store is HUGE! |
No comments:
Post a Comment