We did see some elk crossing the road, some others with a baby, and lots more bison. Tommie saw a mother moose with a calf on a far-away slope, but I never could pick them out. He took a picture, but I only have a 10X zoom, and they are tiny in it.
The day started out cloudy and cold, but then the sun came out for a while. There was some sleet and snow while we were pumping gas, but it quit in a few minutes.
The highlight of the day was spotting a black bear chewing on grass beside the road. I got a pretty good video of him.
We finally got a chance to take a picture of Mammoth Springs with the sun on its face.
| He looked up at us with grass in his mouth! |
| This little guy came over and sniffed my toe! Ground squirrels run around on the ground with their little short tails stuck straight up in the air. |
![]() |
| Black bear (I think...even though he's brown) |
| Baby buffalo came over to mom to nurse. |
| Wildflowers with snow-capped mountain |
| Boulder field above Mammoth |

No comments:
Post a Comment