Saturday, July 16, 2016

Moving into Wisconsin

We headed north from Rockford and into Wisconsin.  We took highway 26 and a number of county roads instead of the Interstate that goes near Madison, and had no trouble with the back roads.  Most of Wisconsin's secondary roads are pretty good.  I called several campgrounds before I found one with a vacancy, and we ended up at the Big Lakes Campground in Algoma where we stayed two years ago.

Algoma is a pretty little town on Lake Michigan.  Pat and Kirk, our Florida friends are camping a little south of us, so they drove up to Algoma to join us for dinner.  We'll be with them from Monday through Air Venture.

We hurried to the Renard's Cheese Store and got there just before it closed.  I've been waiting two years for some more of their wonderful maple syrup cheddar cheese!  Of course, we also bought some fresh cheese curds!

Marina at Kewaunee
Algoma lighthouse

Waves against the breakwater

Looking back at Algoma's marina from the breakwater



No comments:

Post a Comment