Monday, July 25, 2016

Air Venture - Day 1

After breakfast we rode our bikes over to the main field and walked around some of the displays.  We rode the tram all through the grounds....up past the warbirds and then down past the ultralight field.  After a few hours, we had had enough sun, so came back for lunch and to cool off.  Then, we went back and walked through all the hangars with the vendors in them.

I have pictures, but can't get them loaded.  There are thousands of campers here, and neither the EAA wifi nor my phone hotspot will upload them.  I guess everyone is using Internet tonight.  I'll try again tomorrow.

The bicycle corral.  LOTS of them!
The Ford pavilion
1907 Curtiss Pusher.....it has many original parts!
A German WWI plane
This airplane was at Pearl Harbor. The WAC flight instructor was up in it
when the raid began and avoided enemy fire.

Hot air balloons
Parked RV airplanes


No comments:

Post a Comment