It got down to 34 degrees last night, and we didn't have hookups, so were a little worried! We ran the generator to use our electric heater and also the propane heater for a while before we went to bed.
When we got up, the temperature inside was 50 degrees, so we
were OK. We started the generator again to
warm up some.
We didn’t rush, since we weren’t going far and had to pick a
place to go first! Tommie was talking to
the nice folks next door who were from Alabama while I was looking for a
campsite near Zion, and I realized that we’re coming up on Memorial Day! Yikes!
We decided to put off Zion until after the holiday and move on to the
area around Bryce. I found a campground
in Hatch, UT that sounded nice, and booked 5 days…through Sunday night. There are several things we can explore from
there.
I walked in the woods some behind our campsite, but never
found my Kaibab squirrel. We saw a dead
one a little ways up the highway after we left. :-( They are black with brown heads and a white tail and are only found on this plateau.
We drove up highway 89 to Hatch: first through the Kaibab
Plateau and through Kanab, which is a pretty town. We set up camp at Mountain Ridge Motel &
RV park. It’s small, but really pretty
with grass beside each site.
After we got set up, we drove on up 89 to look at Panguitch, and picked up lots of literature there on things to do here.
We drove over through Red Canyon to the entrance of Bryce
and checked out their visitor center and lodge.
I only took a few pictures since it was overcast most of the time, and we’ll
be back, hopefully with some blue sky!
![]() |
| I don't think I would want to camp in this! He built it himself |
![]() |
| Baxter, What are you doing on the table?! |
![]() |
| Our campsite for 5 nights. |
![]() |
| Got to figure out what that mountain is! |
![]() |
| Red Canyon |
![]() |
| Bryce Canyon Lodge |




















Is that the same lodge in Bryce that we ate at when it snowed last time? Looks kind of familiar, like I remember it snowing in the parking lot maybe.
ReplyDeleteThat's the same place! You and Alan played with the dogs in the snow in that parking lot in 1995.
ReplyDelete