Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Grand Canyon....North Rim!

We waited a while at our Lake Powell campsite since the check-in time at Jacob Lake isn't until 2:00 PM, and they are three hours behind our clocks, which are still on Eastern time.

We saw a Roadrunner right in front of our camper when we got up and I grabbed a picture and a video!

The drive back down 89 and 89A to Jacob Lake was stunning!  We drove slowly and enjoyed the scenery since we didn't want to get there too soon.  But our campsite was empty, and I saw a Kaibab squirrel (with the white tail) as soon as I opened the door!  I just got a glimpse, but I hope to see him tomorrow.

We spent the rest of the day at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.  On the way in, we saw a coyote. We looked at the view from the lodge and Bright Angel Point, and then took the drive to Point Imperial and Cape Royal for other canyon views.

The drive back to the campground was sort of scary since there were deer everywhere.  We must have driven past several hundred, so had to drive slowly.  We grabbed dinner at the Jacob Lake Inn.

It's very late for us, so I had to write this fast, but I did sort through my pictures.

Not the greatest picture, but taken through the windshield




Bridge across the Colorado River







Modern cowboys...using ATV's



Our campsite...no hookups!

Remains after forest fire

Bright Angel Point














View of Colorado River through Angels Window










This is how the boys enjoyed the Grand Canyon!

2 comments:

  1. It looks like everyone is having a good time. The pictures are great. The photographs in Antelope Canyon look professional. The lighting in there made for beautiful shots. Have fun! Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures with the clouds across the canyon and through the window are amazing.

    ReplyDelete