We drove for an hour to get to our campground outside Zion. We’re on the east side which is really quiet compared to the west entrance. This campground has NO cell phone signal and spotty wifi. I can’t connect from our campsite, but will get this all ready to post and go to the office to try and get it sent. I may not be able to get all my pictures uploaded. If not, I’ll take my computer tomorrow and load them when I can get a signal in the park.
We didn’t go into Zion today since it’s Memorial Day, and I’m sure it’s crazy in there. We got set up at the campground and ate lunch and drove back down to Kanab. On the way we stopped at Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park, which has huge dunes of fine orangey sand. There were a number of ATV’s or dune buggies out on them. We saw someone with a “sand board”, but we didn’t see him use it since he had to walk a long way for it to be steep enough.
Then we drove on into Kanab and stopped at the visitor center and got groceries and gas. We also went to the "Hollywood Museum." There were lots of western movies and TV shows made in this area, and there's a non-profit which has saved some of the sets and created a museum for them.
We plan on making a day of it in Zion tomorrow.
 |
| Down highway 89, heading to Zion |
 |
| Coral sand dunes |
 |
| Some of those dots are ATV's |
 |
| Building in the Hollywood Museum |
 |
This was a major set for
"The Outlaw Josey Wales |
 |
| Heading back to our campground |
No comments:
Post a Comment