We're at a campground near West Memphis, AR that's right on the Mississippi. The river doesn't look very impressive here, but there are some barges going by. We wouldn't want to be here when there's much rain, since we're on the river side of the dikes!
There are several killdeer nests in the campground, and they have them marked with flags so people don't step on them. I got a video of the mother doing her "injured wing" dance to steer us from her nest.
![]() |
| This looks like fun! |
![]() |
| Nashville skyline from I-40 |
![]() |
| Crossing the Mississippi |
![]() |
| Baxter looking at the river |
![]() |
| The power distribution panels are 12 feet up! Does that tell you what this river might do? |
![]() |
| Our campsite with the river in the background |
![]() |
| Killdeer mom guarding her nest |
![]() |
| Tugboat on the river |








I think that's the Nashville skyline!
ReplyDelete