Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Wisconsin!

We left Muinsing and drove highways 35 and 41 along the coast of Lake Michigan into Wisconsin.  The farmland in Wisconsin is really beautiful, with large fields, barns, and silos.  I haven’t yet gotten the picture I want of a farm.  Either there was a reflection on the window of the motorhome, or we were in the car, and I was driving.

We drove a little way up the Door Peninsula (the little spike sticking up from Green Bay into Lake Michigan), and are camping at Algoma, a lovely little town with a nice harbor.  After we got set up, we drove in the car to Sturgeon Bay, which is also beautiful.  We’ll spend tomorrow exploring the peninsula.

I wanted to pick some cherries, but the only u-pick orchards have just the “tart” cherries which are really for pies.  The man at the orchard where we stopped said this winter was hard on the sweet ones.  We did stop at a family-run cheese factory and got a couple of different cheeses and some cheese curds…the best ones we’ve ever had!

This campground is mainly set up for seasonal people and their boats.  They don’t have a lot of rules, so Baxter got to chase his Frisbee in the grassy field.

I don't have much in the way of pictures for today.  I hope to have some better ones tomorrow!

Looking across Green Bay...the water, not the city.



Green Bay...the city.
Sorry for the window reflection!

Only shot I could grab of a farm.

Happy dog!
Our campsite










No comments:

Post a Comment