Thursday, July 31, 2014

Catch-up day


Tommie went into the show in the morning, but I stayed at the campground to catch up on some WRNC emails.  I drove up to the campground office to get a better WiFi signal.  Ken and his friend Paul needed some transportation into town, so I picked them up and got some errands done.  

After lunch, Tommie and I rode our bikes over to the Pioneer airport where some old airplanes are on display.  That's also where the helicopter tours leave from, but I don't think I want to try that!  Both sides are open, and it looks scary!  We watched the arrival of the Thunderbirds from there, but a storm was fast approaching, so we came back to the camper.  Several storms passed over this afternoon & evening, and one had small hail.

The free mini-frisbee doesn't hold up
to a two-dog tug-of-war!

Looking across the field at the air museum from
the Pioneer Airport


The tour helicopters all had to stay on the
ground while the Thunderbirds were playing around.
That little silver dot in the sky is a Thunderbird.

I ran outside and picked up some hail...
and, got wet in the process!

No comments:

Post a Comment