Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Warbirds

We spent the morning in the warbird area (military airplanes...most from WWII or later).  Tommie knows what most of the are, and I only recognize a few.  We took the free tram ride through the warbirds, and the narrator knows tons about all the aircraft.

Pat and Kirk registered for the free Ford Tri-Motor ride, and both of them won!  Since they have four tickets, we're going with them in the morning.  I hope to get some pictures from above.

After lunch in the motorhome, we went back and walked some more and also rode the tram to the ultralight area.  They weren't flying since the air show was on.

I have tried to load the pictures twice, and it keeps failing since the connection is so slow.  So, I'll try and post them when I wake up in the middle of the night.  And, it doesn't help that Blogger is so temperamental!

Model of a Jenny trainer (uncovered)

Grumman Avenger

They were getting ready for a presentation
about the crew of a spitfire.
(Tommie noted that the real crew were only around 20  years old.)

Skyraider

Control tower....the busiest airport in the world this week!

Lots of warbirds!

P-51 Mustang owned by Jack Roush
(He owns several!)

My favorite:  The Corsair

Radio-controlled towbot that hooks to the tail wheel
and is used to park the aircraft

Touching up the nose-art

Lockheed P-38L Lightning

Row of Steermans




This is one of the Ford Tri-Motors giving rides.
We'll be in one tomorrow!

Sea of airplanes

Warbirds in the airshow


Osprey





Pearl to a bath!
Every time I change her water, she hops in!


















No comments:

Post a Comment